- Sony created a robotic dog called Aibo, one of its first toys that could be bought and played with. It could express emotions and could also recognise its owner. This was the first of its kind, however, today you will find more expensive and evolved versions of the same.
- At the rate at which Artificial Intelligence is being adopted in various areas of our lives, it is predicted that it will replace 16% of our jobs over the next decade.
- It is a fact that with increased intelligence and ability to perform tasks with accuracy, over the next few years it is predicted that close to three million workers will be reporting to or will be supervised by “Robot-bosses”.
- With Machine learning and language recognition, it is no surprise that 85% of telephonic customer service jobs will be performed by computers and will not need human interaction.
- By the dawn of 2020, it will be possible for all customer digital assistant to recognise people by face and voice.
Organisations and private sectors have recognised the opportunity that AI investments can have on the future of their businesses. Hence have set up major investments in the development of the same.
Finally, one must remember the anticipated impact of AI is on calculated assumptions and predictions.
However, one thing is clear, that AI in the future will impact the internet, its citizens and economies.